Doing chores around the house doesn't have to be boring or something you dread.
Not if you approach it with a little creativity.
Yesterday I was mopping the floor because we had a big ant invasion. So, I thought I'd mop and do a little ninja training and record this video for you in the process.
I lost count with the number of things I accomplished with this:
- cleaned the floor
- killed ants
- practiced squatting
- practiced lower body mobility
- did some ninja training
- titillated my wife (you'll know what I mean at the end)
Subscribe for more valuable videos
Some other ideas for making every day activities a movement practice:
- Make cleaning mirrors and windows a martial arts practice - "wax on! wax off!"
- Do the dishes in horse stance or balance on one leg
- Fold the laundry while squatting or on all fours
- Find an obstacle course to follow on your way to taking the recycling out
- Do the same as mopping and turn sweeping and vacuuming into a squat and lower body mobility session
Your turn. Can you turn an every day chore or activity into movement practice?
Leave a comment below, or post a pic or video in the movement lifestyle group.